Tuesday 7 April 2009

Empty Poetry

It seems everyone goes through times when they feel like they've given out everything they've got; When they feel physically, emotionally, even spiritually drained and exhausted.
Sometimes there is an opportunity to stop and refuel and rest. Other times there isn't that luxury and there is still a long way to go, and a lot of work still to do, before a holiday or pit-stop can take over.

I found a poem earlier on that I had totally forgotten I had written, but I clearly had been going through one of those times.

The reservoir's empty
The battery is dead
My heart is running dry
and so is my head
Each day seems a struggle
the passion is gone
like a bright summer sky
that's lacking the sun
Arrogance beckons,
Bluntness abounds
My life seems in free-fall
approaching the ground
I'm desperately hoping You'll catch me
or we're gonna meet sooner than planned
although Your plans and my plans are different
So I'm leaving all mine in Your hands.
Jimmy Orr ©
15th November 2006

No comments: