Wednesday 9 April 2008

A Most Musical Weekend

WOW!
I haven't had such an intense weekend for a while.
It began in SwitzerFrance (also known as the greater Geneva area which crosses the Swiss/French border) on Thursday night when I flew in under cover of night for a suprise visit. I was to perform and sing swing songs as light entertainment at the Crossroads Church 'Guys/Girls Weekend Dinner'.
The plan was to meet up with the guys on Friday night, in the woods, in the dark, running around like lunatics and eating insane amounts of toasted marshmallows before the main event of the Saturday night dinner. The majority of the girls, or so I'm told, had no idea I was there and in order to maintain the element of surprise I was hidden upstairs in the church for over an hour.
The time came for my 'grand entrance'. Thankfully, to my great relief, the reception was fantastic (granted, I milked it for all it was worth!) but my imagination, whilst sat in the upstairs room alone for most of the hour beforehand, was playing images of "and here's our special guest, Jimmy Orr..." cue tumbleweed and mass dissappointment.
The night went really well, and all the performers did a great job. The girls seemed to enjoy the evening and so mission accomplished for the guys.
The following morning was a baptism service at Crossroads, which I had the pleasure of leading worship for. Reunited with my old band of brothers (and sister!) and in the presence of good friends we raised the roof of the church that morning. A good time in the house of God!
This was follwed by several episodes of CSI (good times D and Sarah!) and my education in the phenomenon that is... High School Musical. I admit I hadn't seen it til that moment, and I now confess, I maybe ever so slightly hooked. It's cheesy, it's catchy, it's good (mostly) wholesome Disney fun: What's not to like?!
Then came the part I really had thought through... buckle ya seat belt!
Monday Morning
3am woke up
4am at airport
6am was meant to fly home
7am actually flew home after they fixed the door on the aircraft?!
8:30am actually arrived at gatwick
9:40am arrived at college
10 - 5:15pm Lectures [including a Greek test]
5:15 - 7pm break to rehearse songs...
7:30 went to recording studio
Tuesday Morning...
2am left studio
3:30am eventually made in back to bed
7am had to get up for more lectures!!!
memo to self: that was fun, but NEVER do that bit again!

No comments: